Caring for naturally dyed garments is a little different than caring for conventionally dyed garments, but as soon as you do it this way, i'm sure it will become an easy part of your routine.
- Always use natural soap, preferably one with a neutral PH, we use: ECOS brand soaps
- If you prefer using powder soap, please dissolve it fully before adding clothing to the wash cycle
- Turn garments inside-out, and wash on cold with like colors
- Direct sunlight will effect the natural colors, if you line dry (yay, we do too!) do it in the shade.
- Wash indigo with dark colors
- Do not spot clean!
- Most natural dyes react to acid, so please be careful when handling citrus, or citrus juices. If a stain happens, make a small bath of warm water with a small amount of stain fighting detergent (we use: ECOS Oxobrite) Leave for a few minutes, squeeze out, wash as normal. If a stain persists, keep washing! It will fade with time.
- Sweat stains will disappear after washing normally